Faith is a journey. And when you are on a journey, you need a lot of resources along the way. There are many opportunities to learn and grow and nurture your spirit as you travel through life, seeking to live God’s love and compassion in the many places and situations you find yourself in. These classes and gatherings are meant to keep you focused and ready to engage the world in a way that enlarges and enhances life.You are welcome to join others for:
- Adult opportunities including Sunday morning Learning Time (September through May) at 9:15am. Classes most often look at the scripture for the morning in a discussion format interacting with the text and asks what it says to us. From time to time, we gather at additional times to study books or discuss matters of concern or interest.
- Youth are integrated into the life and ministry of the church according to their interests. They are mentored by others and are mentors to those younger. They operate the sound board, sing in the choir, help teach the younger children, provide a presence in nursery among other active expressions of their faith.
- Care and nurture of Children in our nursery where infants through kindergarteners receive loving attention both during Worship. Parents are given silent pagers so they can be notified if they are needed. During the Learning Time infants through 3 years also find nurture in the nursery.
- Godly Play, the Sunday morning Learning Time classes for 4 yrs. – 6th grade, use a learning method that tells the biblical story in an engaging way and then allows each child to respond in creative ways using their own imagination and talents. It is our goal to create a climate where all children experience God’s loving grace in ways that allow them to grow healthy and strong in heart, soul, strength, and mind.
- Prayer. There are two gatherings for prayer each week at First Christian. On Wednesdays from 12:15-1:00pm, we meet in the Coffee House room on the north end of the first floor. Here we center ourselves, share prayer concerns and spend time praying for those in need of God’s presence and grace. Thursdays from 6:00-8:00 PM we meet in what we call Listening to God. We meet in the small chapel just off the center room on 2nd floor. This prayer form is a silent emptying oneself in order to allow for God’s presence to be more deeply experienced.