At First Christian Church, we strive to worship God with all our minds, hearts, spirits and bodies. Our choir sings joyously. Our congregation claps its hands. Our instruments make a joyful noise. You will hear piano, organ, keyboard, djembe, upright bass, guitar, hand bells, and a variety of percussion instruments to name a few. Hymns, world music, Switchfoot, folk, jazz, blues, and gospel all have a voice here. The worship of God is a joyous and “undignified” act. (2 Samuel 6:20-23) Come be undignified with us! Some ways to get involved musically at First Christian include:
- Choir: Our choir, FCC Singers, is open to all persons without audition. Persons aged 12-17 are welcome with parental/guardian consent. We rehearse in the Sanctuary of First Christian Church from 7:15-8:15 PM on Wednesday nights. FCC Singers typically sing 2-3 Sundays a month September-May. The choir provides music for Christmas Eve and Easter Worship.
- Bell Choir: Our bell choir is open to those who already know how to play as well as those willing to learn. We rehearse in the balcony of the Sanctuary from 6:00-6:45 PM on Monday nights. FCC Ringers play in worship a few times a year.
- Ukeleles: On Monday mornings you can often hear the uplifting sound of our Ukelele group learning and playing a variety of music, religious and secular in our Coffee House room.
- Small group music ministry: Small ensembles of singers and instrumentalists are pulled together periodically for special music.
- Leadership: If “performance” isn’t for you, consider leadership in music ministries. We offer education for persons desiring to begin new music ministries, such as drum circles, Taize ensembles, rhythm groups, handbell and chime choirs, or work with choral ensembles. No degree or previous experience required. Come learn and lead with us!